Within Let’s Talk!, you have options for both manual and automatic use of Critical Alerts. When a Dialogue is marked as Critical, a designated team is automatically notified by email and added to the Dialogue as team members.
When automatic Critical Alerts are enabled, Let’s Talk! will scan existing and incoming Dialogues for trigger words and phrases, based on a combination of system and user-defined keywords. Dialogues matching these Critical Alert keywords and phrases will be marked as Critical. The customizable list of keywords allows you to pinpoint hot topics in your district, bringing Dialogues about hot-button topics to your attention instantly.
A User can also manually mark any Dialogue in Let’s Talk! as Critical. If the System Administrator has not yet identified the Critical Alert Team, the Dialogue will simply be displayed as red and no additional Users will be automatically alerted.
Critical Dialogues appear in red in all inbox views. Any Dialogue marked as Critical can be switched back to a lower status at any time.
To enable Critical Alerts:
Within Settings, navigate to Critical Alerts, under Communication.
- Click the green Edit button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click Enable to begin customizing your options.
- Begin by adding a Critical Alerts team. When a Dialogue priority is set to Critical, the team you select is notified by email, and are automatically added to the Critical Dialogue as team members.
- Click the plus icon to edit team members. Select the checkbox next to each team member you’d like to add to the Critical Alerts team, and then click Save.
- Next, select your Alert Types. Let’s Talk! has built-in lists of Critical Alert keywords under several category topics. Select which categories you’d like to enable or disable. View the list of system-defined keywords to the right of each category title.
- Finally, under Custom Alerts, add any custom keywords or phrases you would like to trigger a critical alert. Press Enter on your keyboard after you have typed each custom alert into the textbox.
Once you have updated your Critical Alerts settings, click the Save button in the top-right hand corner of the page.