An Interest Area is a topic about which you are seeking feedback. Customers in your community will select the Interest Areas relevant to their feedback and send you Dialogues. Interest areas may be specific departments, schools, or other topics.
Setting up Interest Areas & Categories
Once you log into Let’s Talk!, navigate to Settings, then find Account Setup on the left-hand menu. Under Account Setup, click on Interest Areas. You will want to customize and organize your Let’s Talk! page so Customers can easily find the topic or issue about which they intend to submit feedback.
Interest Area Categories
Interest Area Categories are the broad headlines under which more specific topics/items may be listed on your Let’s Talk! page. Examples of Interest Area Categories are Elementary Schools, Central Office Departments, and Special Topics.
Adding Interest Area Categories
- First, click on the green Edit button found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click inside the box titled Interest Areas Categories. Type the name of the Interest Area Category you would like to add (Ex: Central Office, High Schools, State Policies), then hit Enter.
- Once you have entered your entire list of Interest Area Categories, click the green Save button found in the top-right hand corner of the page.
- Categories that are currently displayed live on a Landing Page will be shown in green. Those that are not currently live will be shown in red.
- Each Category that you have added will add a separate text field to the page below.
Interest Area Topics
Interest Area Topics are the specific topics/items listed within Categories on your Let’s Talk! page. Examples of Interest Area Topics include Calendar, Curriculum & Instruction, and Central High School .
There are two methods to add an Interest Area to Let’s Talk!.
Adding Interest Area Topics: Method One
- Click the green Edit button found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click on the Add Interest Area button and enter the appropriate information.
- You may assign a category, team owner, team members, and publish the Interest Area live to a Landing Page(s). The red exclamation mark icon identifies fields required to publish the Interest Area online.
- Click Save when you are done.
Adding Interest Area Topics: Method Two
- Click inside an Interest Areas text box and begin typing the name of the Interest Area you would like to add for that particular category.
- Press Enter on your keyboard once you have typed your Interest Area name.
- Once you have added the Interest Area by typing it in, you will notice a pencil to edit the Interest Area. By clicking on the pencil, you can assign a category, team owner, team members, and publish the interest area live to a Landing Page(s). Information noted with the exclamation point icon are required to publish the Interest Area online.
- Once you have entered your entire list of Interest Areas, click the Save button found in the top-right hand corner of the page.
- Interest Areas that are currently displayed live on a Landing Page will display as Green. Those that are not currently live will display as Red.
Editing Interest Areas & Categories
For System Administrators:
To edit your Interest Areas and Categories, click the green Edit button found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Deactivate: Click the X icon to the right of the Interest Area name or Category to remove it from the list. Inactive Interest Areas are moved to the Inactive section found at the bottom of the Interest Area setup page. Inactive Interest Area data is still loaded in the Dashboard graphs but the Interest Area will not appear to Customers on the landing page.
Activate: Click the up arrow icon to the right of the Interest Area name or Category to make it active. For Interest Areas, a prompt window will ask you to assign the Interest Area to a Category.
Edit: Click the Edit icon to the right of the Interest Area name to edit the Interest Area Category, team owner, team members, or Landing Page(s) where the Interest Area is published.
Delete: Within the Inactive box, click the X icon to the right of the Interest Area name or Category. This will permanently delete this Interest Area or Category. You cannot delete an Interest Area if it has existing Dialogues associated to it. To delete an Interest Areas with Dialogues assigned to it, you will need to reassign the Dialogues to another Interest Area.
Note: An Interest Area Category cannot be made inactive if it contains assigned Interest Areas. You must first remove the assigned Interest Areas before you can make the Category inactive.
Re-Order: Interest Areas and Categories can be re-ordered by simply dragging them within the text area. The order of Interest Areas and Categories found in Settings will be the order in which they are displayed on the Interest Area Form page.
Re-Name: Double-click the text of the Interest Area or Category to edit the name text.
As you review your updates, remember that Interest Areas currently displayed live on a Landing Page will be shown in green. Those that are not currently live will be shown in red.
Once you have edited your Interest Area and Categories, click the green Save button found in the top-right hand corner of the page.
For Interest Area Owners:
As an Interest Area Owner, you have the ability to edit your Interest Area’s Team Members. This option is available under your Settings by clicking on Users.
From the Users page, you’ll see a complete list of those who currently have access to the Interest Areas you own. Remember, System Administrators and Global Users have access to all Interest Areas, so they are automatically included on the list.
From there, you may include more users through Add New Users. You may also update some User settings or remove certain Users from your Interest Area through Edit User.