If you’re going to be gone from the school or office for a period of time, chances are you’ll be gone from Let’s Talk! as well. Don’t leave your customers and colleagues hanging! Plan for customers to be taken care of by someone else, or notified of when you will return.
The Methods: You may choose to assign a Temporary Owner to your Interest Areas during your absence or choose to set up an Automatic Email Response. As a best practice, we recommend choosing a Temporary Owner when you will be unavailable for a long period of time. If you’ll be gone for just a few days, then an Email Response can suffice.
- Navigate to the Settings, then Out of Office
- Enable Out of Office by toggling the switch to show On
- Select the start and end dates of your absence
- Below you will find every Interest Area for which you are a Team Owner
- Next to each Interest Area, select one of the following:
- Assign temporary owner
- Set to auto reply email
- If you choose Assign temporary owner:
- You may switch ownership temporarily to another Team Member of the Interest Area
- You may switch ownership temporarily to a user who does not belong to the Interest Area
- If you choose Set to auto reply email:
- Click Edit email to customize your email with an appropriate message
- Dialogues received in this Interest Area will not age while you are scheduled to be out of the office
- You have the option of saving the crafted message as the Default Auto Reply Email
- Click Save once you are done
- Once you have identified a method for all Interest Areas, click Save at the top right-hand corner to apply your Out of Office status
Now head out and relax, knowing that you’re covered. Enjoy!