Form Messages allow you to customize the messages your customers see as they interact with the Let’s Talk! System. These messages provide relevant information and set clear expectations about who should expect a response – and when they should expect it.
Form messages consist of the following:
- Introduction Message – appears at the top of the dialogue form prior to submission
- Thank You Message (Provided Contact Info) – appears onscreen after a Customer has submitted a Dialogue with contact information
- Thank You Message (Remained Anonymous) – appears onscreen after a Customer has submitted a Dialogue without contact information
- Thank You Message (Hidden Customers) – appears onscreen after a Customer has submitted a Dialogue with an email address but chose to hide it from the district
- Thank you Email (Provided Contact Info) – sent to a Customer who has provided an email address after submitting a Dialogue Thank You Email (Hidden Customers) – sent to a Customer who has provided an email address, but chose to hide it from the district
Edit Form Messages
If you are a System Admin, Category Owner, or Interest Area Owner, you can access form messages for your teams within Settings > Form Setup > Form Messages.
Account Default Messages
If you are a System Administrator, you have access to set the default message for all Interest Areas. The default message appears for all newly created Interest Areas and can be used as a reset for any Interest Areas.
To access the default message editor, click on Account Default Messages above the Interest Area Messages section.
Interest Area Messages
If you are a System Admin, Category Owner, or Interest Area Owner, you have access to edit the form messages for the Interest Areas that you control.
On the left-hand navigation, click on Interest Area Messages and a drop-down of all Interest Areas you have access to will appear.
- Select an Interest Area to edit the related Form Messages.
- Click into the toolbar at the top of the page to select the message you would like to edit. The Introduction Message will be selected by default.
- If a default introductory message has been provided, hover over the text and click on Customize Message. A text toolbar will appear.
- Provide your desired text, and consider including additional content like links and images.
- Include clarifying information, like the responsibilities of your department or relevant announcements.
- Use the link icon to hyperlink the appropriate text and direct Customers to the link of your choice. FAQs, projects, department sites, or other resources may help Customers even before they ask questions.
- Images can also be a positive addition to the form message, allowing further customization. Use the image icon to upload a file or link to an image online.
- Repeat the above steps to edit the remaining messages.
- Thank You Message (Provided Contact Info)
- Thank You Message (Remained Anonymous)
- Thank You Message (Hidden Customers)
- Thank you Email (Provided Contact Info)
- Thank You Email (Hidden Customers)
Be sure to save your changes by selecting the Save button found in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Reset form messages to default
If at any time you wish to set the Introduction Message, Thank You Message, or Thank You Email back to the default message, you can do so while editing the message.
- Within any of your form messages, click on the text to edit.
- On the toolbar, click on the “Reset to Default” button.
- Your message will be reset to the default message.