A Topic is an area about which you are seeking feedback. Customers in your community will select the Topics relevant to their feedback and send you Dialogues. Topics may be specific departments, schools, or other topics.
Setting up Topics & Categories
Once you log into Let’s Talk!, navigate to Settings, then find Account Setup on the left-hand menu. Under Account Setup, click on Topics Manager. You will want to customize and organize your Let’s Talk! page so Customers can easily find the topic or issue about which they intend to submit feedback.
Categories are the broad headlines under which more specific topics/items may be listed on your Let’s Talk! page. Examples of Categories are Elementary Schools, Central Office Departments, and Special Topics.
- Under Settings > Account Setup, click on Topics Manager.
- You will see a list of suggested Categories and Topics on the right side of the screen if you’d like to get started there. Simply click on the Category you’d like to add, and select which Topics you would like to bring with it.
- To add your own Categories, click the blue box labeled Add Category. Type the name of the Category you would like to add (Ex: Central Office, High Schools, State Policies), choose if you’d like to assign an owner or landing page, then hit Enter.
- Categories that have Topics and are currently displayed live on a Landing Page will be shown in blue. Those that do not have Topics, and are not currently live will be shown in red.
- Each Category that you have added will add a separate drop down to the page below.
- Click on the pencil icon of a Category to prompt a settings pop-out on the right side of your screen.
- To assign a Category Owner, select from the second drop down. Category Owners will have full data and reporting access to Topics under the category.
- Once a Category Owner is assigned, you can also make the category private by checking the Make Category Private box. Topics in Private Categories cannot be accessed by anyone other than the Category Owner and the respective Topic Owners.
- Remember to save your changes!
Topics are the specific topics/items listed within Categories on your Let’s Talk! page. Examples of Topics include Calendar, Curriculum & Instruction, and Central High School .
There are two methods to add a Topic to Let’s Talk!.
Adding Topics: Method One- Topics Manager
- Once you’ve created your category, click on the drop down arrow and click on “Add a New Topic”
- Next, enter the appropriate information by giving it a name, assigning a category, selecting an owner and team members, and choosing if you’d like to make the Topic private.
- You may publish the Topic live to a Landing Page(s) at this time or choose to do it when building your Landing Page in Landing Page/Tab Editor.
- Click Save when you are done. Red text will show up if you are missing any crucial information.
Adding Topics: Method Two- Landing Page/Tab Editor
- Under Settings>Form Setup, Click on Landing Page/Tab Editor
- From your landing page, add in the categories underneath the Content tab, or click on “Add New Section” to create a category.
- Now that you have a category, you will be able to create custom topics by clicking on “Add Custom Button>Custom Topic”
- From here you can create your Topic name, and assign an owner and team members. Once you click add it will be live on this Landing Page.
- Remember to hit save at the top right-hand corner to save your changes!
Editing Topics & Categories
For System Administrators:
To edit your Categories, click the pencil icon next to each category name. To edit your Topics, click on the drop down underneath the category name, select the Topic you’d like to make changes to and choose Edit Topic.
Deactivate: Select the Topic that is no longer relevant underneath a Category, and click the blue “Make Inactive” box. A pop out screen will ask you if you are sure you want to inactivate the following topic(s). Inactive Topics are moved to the Inactive section found at the bottom of the Topics Manager page. Inactive Topics data is still loaded in the Dashboard graphs but the Topic will not appear to Customers on the landing page.
Activate: Click the up arrow icon to the right of the Topic name or Category to make it active. For Topics, a prompt window will ask you to assign the Topic to a Category.
Edit: Click the pencil icon to the right of the Category name to edit the name, team owner, team members, or Landing Page(s) where the Category is published.
Delete: Within the Inactive drop down, click the X icon to the right of the Topic name or Category and make sure to click save. This will permanently delete this Topic or Category. You cannot delete a Topic if it has existing Dialogues associated with it. To delete a Topic with Dialogues assigned to it, you will need to reassign the Dialogues to another Topic.
Note: A Category cannot be made inactive if it contains assigned Topics. You must first remove the assigned Topics before you can make the Category inactive.
Re-Order: Categories can be re-ordered by simply dragging them within the Topics Manager. To move a Topic to another category, click on the Topic to edit it, and select the new category you would like to place it in. The order of Topics and Categories found in Settings will be the order in which they are displayed on the Topic Form page.
Re-Name: Click the pencil icon to edit the Category name text. To edit the Topic name, select the topic and “Edit Topic”.
As you review your updates, remember that Topics currently displayed live on a Landing Page will be shown in blue. Those that are not currently live will be shown in red.
Once you have edited your Topics and Categories, click the green Save button found in the top-right hand corner of the page.
For Topic Owners:
As a Topic Owner, you have the ability to edit your Topic’s Team Members. This option is available under your Settings by clicking on Users.
From the Users page, you’ll see a complete list of those who currently have access to the Topics you own. Remember, System Administrators and Global Users have access to all Topics, so they are automatically included on the list.
From there, you may include more users through Add New Users. You may also update some User settings or remove certain Users from your Topic through Edit User.