Your data and privacy are very important to K12 Insight and the Let’s Talk! platform does a number of things to protect the data of users.
We protect our users from malicious content by screening the dialogues customers submit.
- Attachments customers provide in dialogues are scanned for viruses
- Executable files cannot be uploaded as attachments
- Google’s Re-CAPTCHA is used to ensure submissions are from real customers and not spam bots
Within the platform, we protect our user’s data by making sure only authorized users can log in to accounts.
- Multi-factor authentication helps prevent automated, credential stuffing, brute-force, and stolen-credential attacks on the login page
- Google’s Re-CAPTCHA on the login page prevents bots from acquiring user data
- Weak-password checks strengthen the login credentials of all users
Let’s Talk! also protects you and your customers when sending out email notifications from the system.
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) & DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) checks prevent spoofing, phishing or impersonation. When recipients receive your emails, their spam filters automatically poke your domain to make sure signatures are not forged.
- IP-based filtering prevents spam emails from foreign locations
- Controlling the number of email messages sent to one ISP prevents spam emails
- Let’s Talk! does not allow third-party relay or insecure relay of email messages
Questions or concerns on how Let’s Talk! is protecting your data? Submit them here!