If you are a Let’s Talk! User in your district, then it’s important to know how your roles within the system contribute to a successful implementation – and exceptional service for your community!
In this article we’ll cover two types of roles:
- System Permissions that determine your level of access in Let’s Talk!
- Category and Interest Area Roles which determine your topic-specific responsibilities in Let’s Talk!
To find out which roles apply to you, look under your Settings > Permissions.
You are assigned to one of four role types when you are added as a User in the Let’s Talk! system that defines your permission level within the tool.
- System Administrator: This role has full access to the Let’s Talk! Account, overseeing all activity and has the ability to customize all account settings, including the Interest Areas, Users, and Roles for the district.
- Global User: This role serves as an overseer of all dialogue activities within the district’s account. Global Users have access to all dialogues and dashboards within the system, but limited access to account settings.
- Team Member: Most Users in Let’s Talk! will be assigned this role. Team Member’s can access dialogues submitted to the Interest Area(s) they belong to and any dialogues they are added to.
- Recorder: This role allows a User to exclusively create dialogues from in-bound inquiries, such as in-person visits, phone calls, or letter communications. Recorders are unable to respond to dialogues.
|Role||Settings Access||Dialogues Access||Dashboard Access||Reply to Customers?|
|System Administrator||All Features||All Dialogues||Overview - All Data|
Comparison - All Data
|Global User||Role-specific Features||All Dialogues||Overview - All Data|
Comparison - All Data
|Team Member||Role-specific Features||Interest Area Specific||Overview - Interest Area Data||Yes|
|Recorder||Role-specific Features||Interest Area or Dialogue Specific||Overview - Interest Area Data||No|
Category and Interest Area Roles
Once you are assigned system permissions, you can also be assigned Category and Interest Area specific roles. You can hold multiple roles across different Categories and Interest Areas that you are assigned to.
If you are assigned this role, you are responsible for an entire Category – a group of related Interest Areas. This effectively makes you a system administrator for the Category! You will have the ability to create Interest Areas and assign Users within each of those Interest Areas, as well as see all data and metrics for your category.
- Oversee Interest Areas within the Category, including Overview dashboard metrics
- Create Interest Areas within the Category
- Assign users to Interest Areas within the Category
- Create Category-specific access points such as Landing Pages and Tabs
- Customize Category-specific settings, including translations.
This role is assigned by System Administrators on the Interest Area page within Settings by selecting the Category name. This role is optional, and only one Category Owner can be assigned per Category. Only Users with Team Member system permissions can be made Category Owners.
If you are made an owner of an Interest Area, then you are the person accountable for all dialogues coming into the Interest Area. Owners are notified when new dialogues are received, but can delegate dialogues to Team Members or redirect to other Interest Areas.
- Oversee dialogue activity within the Interest Area, including Overview dashboard metrics
- Ensure all dialogues are closed out in a timely manner
- Customize Form Messages for the Interest Area
- Add Users to the Interest Area
This role is assigned by System Administrators or Category Owners. This is a required role, and only one Interest Area Owner can be assigned per Interest Area.
If you are made a Team Member of an Interest Area, then you have access to all dialogues within that Interest Area. You have been identified as a content expert for the topic of interest and will often be relied upon to answer dialogues. You are responsible for ensuring any dialogues that are assigned to you by the Team Owner are handled before the past due date.
- Collaborate with the Interest Area Owner and the rest of Team Members to ensure dialogues are responded to within a timely manner.
- Oversee dialogue activity within the Interest Area, including Overview dashboard metrics.
This role is assigned by System Administrators, Category Owners or Interest Area Owners. There is no limit to the number of Team Members per Interest Area.