Internal Comments offer the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues — sharing information and setting expectations while simplifying the Customer’s experience. They also are a helpful tool for documenting follow-up that occurs outside of Let’s Talk! – such as in-person meetings and phone calls. Internal Comments are visible to all team members, but not to the Customer.
- To add an Internal Comment, click on the Internal Comment tab to the right of Reply to Customer.
- Enter text to leave a comment for the team. To mention or direct your message toward a certain team member, type the “@” followed by the team member’s name. If you would like to direct a comment toward someone who is not on the team, you may add this user to the Dialogue in the same step.
- To note a specific action you’re taking in connection with this Dialogue — either to address the feedback or as a follow-up — click on Add Action Taken in the bottom right-hand corner of this text box and select the relevant action from the list. Provide detail in the text box. For example: Called parent and discussed missing homework. Parent will review agenda and sign for the rest of the month to ensure nothing is missed. Parent appreciated call.
- Add any relevant attachments to be shared with colleagues. Up to two attachments of up to 5 MB each may be added to each comment.
- In closing the Comment, review the appropriate status.
- Click Post as In Progress to indicate that you or district colleagues are still working on following up on this Dialogue.
- If you are now awaiting clarifying or necessary information from a Customer, stop the clock while waiting for a response. Click on the triangle to the right of the Post button and select Post as Pending Details from the menu. Now, click the displayed Post as Pending Details button.
- If this Comment notes the conclusion of the Dialogue and no further action will be required, click on the triangle to the right of the Post button and select Send as Closed from the menu. Now, click the displayed Send as Closed button.
Editing or Removing Comments
- You can only edit or remove Internal Comments made by you.
- To edit a comment, hover over the comment and a box will appear around the text.
- Click on the text itself, or the pencil icon to the right of the text to enable editing.
- Click outside of the box to save your edits.
- Click into the text of the Internal Comment and erase the entire comment.
- Click outside of the box to complete the removal.